One of our fashion and accessories clients fell into a unique corner of the industry because they make products that appeal to a very targeted market. We already knew they were getting good results from Facebook Ads, but knew that there was huge opportunity on Pinterest because of the product’s visual nature.
Our question was: Can we use our proprietary methods and tools to help our niche client go beyond Facebook to further lower their COCA?
We considered our past success with other clients on Pinterest as well as this particular client’s target audience before deciding that Promoted Pins could be the perfect ad type for them. After 2 months of testing, the data proved we were right.
Pinterest is a difficult platform from which to pull data (at least the type of data we find most useful) so we implemented our proprietary in-house software to speed up and aid in ad optimization on Pinterest. Mainly, we use it to:
- Lower COCA
- Improve conversion rate for each step in the sales funnel
- Discover and optimize ideal audiences on Pinterest in the fashion space
- Lower CPC
- Continue Optimization
During this client’s campaign, we released a new version of our software (V3) that helped us optimize even further. Here were our results from the Pinterest Advertising campaign:
91 % reduction in COCA
- Initial Average Cost / Checkout in Top 3 audiences = $114.18
- Lowest Cost / Checkout after V3 Software = $9.40
More Qualified Traffic Moving Through the Funnel
Users who entered the sales funnel were more likely to convert than before
- Cost per view Product: $0.12 → $0.04 (67% decrease)
- Cost per Add to Cart: $7.31 → $1.98 (73% decrease)
- Cost per Start Checkout: $21.99 → $5.71 (74% decrease)
Lower Cost Per Click
- Pre V3 software: $0.39
- After V3 Software: $0.29 (26% decrease)
Reduction in COCA
We reduced the cost of customer acquisition by 90% in 5 months.